Slow-Cooker Italian Pot Roast
This slow-cooker Italian pot roast is redolent with garlic and spices. When I come home from work to its wonderful fragrance, I can hardly wait to dive in. It's tender and tasty, and so easy to put together. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 7-1/2 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 cans (11.5 ounces each) tomato juice
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown meat on all sides; drain. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and garlic. Cut roast in half; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Top with the carrots, mushrooms, potatoes and onions. In a bowl, whisk gravy mix and tomato juice; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 7-1/2 to 8 hours or until tender.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled beef and vegetable mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 319 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.