Slow-Cooker Hot Fudge Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Spread into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. In another bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar and cocoa; stir in boiling water. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe does not use eggs.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 435 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (66g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 2, 2019
Love this recipe. The ultimate chocolate fix!
Jul 23, 2016
I would give it 5 stars, but, despite showing a 5 star rating system, the software offered me a maximum of 4 stars. Very odd.I make it using the Reynolds liners for minimal clean-up. It does warm up in the microwave nicely. And, I put it all in my Kitchen Aid blender, which results in minimal clean-up.Add a tablespoon or two of cinnamon for a Mexican style chocolate cake, with an optional dash of maple EXTRACT not syrup (they are not the same). Chocolate, caramel, and raspberry (add some real berries too) syrups are great toppings. Swirl in double the fruit cherry pie filling, or canned cherries, for a Black Forest effect. Add the syrup in the canned cherries to boiling water to make the total 1 3/4 cup of liquid. Another variation is to add a handful of Kraft caramels or chunks of Heath English toffee or butter toffee. It's a great recipe with many variations.Always use a good quality vanilla ice cream to cut the richness. A cheap one won't counter the richness as well. I make Ina Garten's vanilla ice cream with my Kitchen Aid ice cream attachment. VERY easy. I also use milk chocolate chips. We don't like the dark and semi-sweet. 2 hours works for my slow cooker. A great company dessert because you can have it ready without spending time away from guests in the kitchen. A wonderful dessert for game watching in the fall.
Mar 31, 2016
No comment left
Mar 30, 2016
this reminds me of "to die for" AKA "triple chocolate mess". the moisture is divine - who'd a thunk?
Feb 3, 2015
Excellent! Made for company and they loved it. Warm, gooey and lots of chocolate.
Nov 18, 2014
My husband is a chocoholic, and he gave this dessert two thumbs up! I cut the recipe in half and made it in a 2-quart slow cooker, using milk chocolate chips with caramel centers. I cooked it for the recommended time, which was a bit too long. Next time I will check it after three hours.
Sep 13, 2014
I absolutely LOVE this recipe because I'm a total hot fudge cake fan and I like that I can make this in my slow cooker and go about my daily chores. Try it!! You'll come back for more!
Aug 30, 2014
Delicious!! Easy and the whole family loved it!!
Aug 2, 2014
slow cooker + warm chocolate = happy family!
Jun 23, 2014
Made this yesterday and it is great! So good with ice cream. Easy to make to