Slow-Cooker Chicken Taco Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each ground cumin, seasoned salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each white pepper, ground chipotle pepper and paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 9 cups torn romaine
- Optional toppings: Sliced avocado, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomato, sliced green onions and ranch salad dressing
- Mix seasonings; rub over chicken. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add broth. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred with 2 forks. Serve over romaine; top as desired.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 143 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Jul 15, 2020
Yum, yum, yum to the yum, yum, yum! Everybody in my family gobbled it up and my husband ate the leftovers for lunch (I was not happy about that....I wanted them!). I didn't add the red pepper flakes, white pepper, ground chipotle pepper as I can't do spicy but what was left was amazing! There was a tad too much lettuce, I will half it when I make it again. I'll for sure use this chicken for other yummy dishes as well!
Mar 6, 2020
I didn't have a few of the dry seasonings and it still came out good. Simple and tasty on mixed greens.
Oct 10, 2019
Wow. Easy, yummy, Followed recipe except left out the chipotle pepper as I did not have any. Cut back on red pepper as we do not like much heat. Made a great burrito filling.
Apr 9, 2018
Delicious! And, low in carbs! I will make it often.
Feb 12, 2018
Nice flavor the chicken. I omitted a couple of seasonings due to kids not being able to handle any heat. We used the leftover chicken for burrito bowls. Very versatile.
Aug 2, 2017
So easy to make - prep in the morning, then forget about it! We use the chicken for fajitas and the leftovers on top of salad the next day.
Jun 2, 2017
The spice blend in this recipe is really good. We put the cooked and shredded chicken on tortillas and added our favorite toppings. There was some leftover so I froze it. For another meal, we reheated the chicken and put it on buns for a delicious sandwich.
Jan 27, 2017
This was really good. A nice lighter dinner.
Jan 12, 2017
A little spicy for my 7 year old, but nothing altering the spices won't fix. Loved it in a salad and as tacos, too.
Sep 4, 2016
Love that spice rub on the chicken! All the toppings for the salad were great. Our family also loved eating the chicken by itself in tacos and quesadillas.