Slow-Cooker Chicken Parmesan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 (6 ounces each ) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper and salt. In another bowl, combine egg and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere.
- Transfer chicken to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over chicken. Cook, covered, on low for 4-6 hours or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Top with cheese, recover, and cook for 10-15 minutes, until cheese is melted. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 475 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1689mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 50g protein.
Aug 2, 2020
Good taste, but much of the coating fell off and mixed with the sauce
Jul 25, 2020
This recipe smelled great while cooking all afternoon. It was the easiest chicken parmesan I've ever made - the slow-cooker did all the work! We used shredded mozzarella instead of slices, but it didn't seem to make any difference. It tasted delicious served with a hearty bread and a salad.
May 19, 2020
can recipe cooking time be the same if using an instant pot?
May 11, 2020
Absolutely fantastic! My first time making chicken parm and it couldn't have been easier! The only change I made was to convert this to a sheet pan oven meal, putting the sauce and cheese on during the last 15 minutes of baking. I will be attempting this in the slow cooker soon and my only change then may be to decrease the amount of pepper.
Apr 24, 2020
Made this with my own marinara sauce and it was perfect.
Mar 24, 2020
My family loved every bite of this recipe. This one will be made several times a month in my home.
Jan 12, 2020
Made this the other night and it was delicious.
Jan 7, 2019
My family loved this recipe! It was quick and easy to put together and the chicken was cooked in 4 hours. This recipe will stay in my slow cooker meals rotations!