Slow-Cooker Cherry Pear Buckle
I added pears to my cherry cobbler recipe to create this delightful slow-cooked buckle. You could also add fresh summer plums and berries to your cherries. You'll love this old-fashioned and pretty dessert. —Mary Anne Thygesen, Portland, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 6 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Line inside of a 5-qt. slow cooker with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil; spray foil with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine pears, cherries, sugar and tapioca flour; spoon into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high 4-5 hours or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls over pear mixture; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cover and cook until a toothpick inserted in center of topping comes out clean, 30-45 minutes longer. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 411 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 30, 2019
This recipe looks awesome, I haven't tried it yet though. I did give it a 3 star after I looked at the amount of carbs in each serving....a whooping 86!! WOW! I hope I can find similar recipes with less.