Slow-Cooker Breakfast Burritos
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 3-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked breakfast sausage links
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Optional toppings: Salsa, sliced jalapenos, chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions and cubed avocado
- Remove sausage from casings. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- In a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, layer potatoes, sausage and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, seasoned salt and pepper until blended; pour over top.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-3/4 to 4-1/4 hours or until eggs are set and a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover and let stand 10 minutes. Serve in tortillas with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 burrito: 382 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Jun 10, 2020
Yummy. I just sliced up the sausage and cooked the whole thing in a skillet. I love it served with salsa.
May 10, 2020
I think some folks are confused with the word 'prep'. That doesn't mean you start cooking the mixture. Prep means you get all your ingredients together and work the recipe up right before you combine it all in the slow cooker and turn it on.
Apr 6, 2020
These look delicious! I'm just wondering how people are cooking it overnight. It says prep the night before for a quick breakfast. Can it cook on low overnight? Cooking time says 3 hours. Any help with cooking time or tips would be helpful for me-thank you!
Dec 1, 2019
This was good. It definitely needs more seasoning. The second time I made this, I seasoned the potatoes with onion powder and salt and then continued to follow the recipe. It was delicious! My slow cooker runs hot which means it was ready in 3 hours. I was worried it would burn overnight but the automatic warm function helped.
Sep 6, 2019
I'm a little confused. It says to "prep... the night before for a quick breakfast in the morning..." If I put everything in the slow-cooker