Slow-Cooked Turkey with Herbed Stuffing
I'm all for turkey dinner, especially around the holidays. A whole turkey won't fit in my slow cooker, so thank goodness for turkey breast. I cook it with my grandma's easy stuffing recipe for a happy meal that doesn't require any hard work. —Camille Beckstrand, Layton, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours + standing
- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (2 pounds) or 2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins
- 1 jar (12 ounces) turkey gravy, divided
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 6 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- Place turkey in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Whisk 1/4 cup gravy, condensed soup and seasonings. Cover and refrigerate remaining gravy. Stir apple, celery, onion and, if desired, mushrooms into gravy mixture. Stir in stuffing cubes; spoon over turkey. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads 170° and meat is tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Warm remaining gravy. Serve with turkey and stuffing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked turkey with 3/4 cup stuffing and 2 tablespoons gravy: 324 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1172mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Jun 14, 2020
Gravy mixture with the seasoning onions, apples, poultry seasoning with all the other stuff was terrible!
Mar 1, 2020
Hubby made this and said "I'd definitely have this again."