Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown beef on both sides. Place onion and green pepper in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with beef. Combine broth, Worcestershire sauce, dill, thyme, pepper and pepper flakes; pour over beef. Cover and cook on high until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove beef and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Return beef to the slow cooker; heat through.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 199 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 13, 2020
This was a great recipe and very flavorful . The sirloin was very tender.
Jul 23, 2020
I just made this a week or so ago and it was mouth watering good. It'll be a go to supper for sure!
May 28, 2020
Made it for dinner. whole family loved it. The meat was so tender it just melted. I made a side salad and Mashed potatoes, and Brussel sprouts. Will be making this again.
May 23, 2017
This was a relatively simple meal and it was pretty good. I used stew meat and seasoned it a little bit while browning. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes so it is hard to find things to eat. I have basically lived on peanut butter toast, grilled cheese and eggs. I needed a change and since hubby works out of town this will make me supper for a whole week. I paired it with some mashed potatoes and corn. I haven't checked my blood sugar yet after having this so we will see. This will be my rating for taste and ease of prep. I will rate again in about two hours after I test my blood sugar.
Oct 25, 2016
This was horribly bland, even after I added cumin, garlic and smoked paprika. Wrong type of meat for a crockpot recipe.
Oct 15, 2015
This was a waste of a good sirloin steak. It is more suited to a tougher cut of meat. Cooking on high for 3-4 hours was too much. I cooked it on high for 1 hour and then turned the heat down low for another 2 hours. The onions and peppers were mush and I didn't care for the strong taste of Worcestershire sauce. Nothing special at all.
Jun 18, 2013
If you are looking for a comforting delicious slow-cooked recipe, this is it! It was delicious served with mashed potatoes. Next time I will serve is all over thick slices of bread.
Mar 21, 2013
I agree with the other reviewers about the lack of flavor. That was the only reason that I rated it three stars. That being said, I loved how easy it was to make and it made a really simple meal to throw together. Plus, the meat was nice and tender. Will probably not make this again but it was a nice change of pace for one night.
Feb 2, 2013
made this is my pressure cooker turned out great
Jan 27, 2013
I followed the recipe except I had no dill weed so I substituted a teaspoon of dill pickle juice. The sirloin steak was tender but the gravy had very little beef flavor so had to add some brown gravy mix. I think I would also leave out the green pepper as I think that's what made it taste a little too sweet for me.