Slow-Cooked Pot Roast Sliders
This recipe reminds me of my mom’s famous pot roast. Best of all, these sandwiches are simple to make, with only five ingredients. I love that I can enjoy the flavors of Mom’s roast with the delicious portability of a slider. —Lauren Drafke, Cape Coral, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) au jus gravy mix
- 2 packages (12 ounces each ) Hawaiian sweet rolls, halved
- 12 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each), cut in half
- Sliced tomato, baby arugula and horseradish sauce, optional
- Place roast in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk together water, and the soup and gravy mixes. Pour seasoning mixture over roast. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 5-6 hours. Remove from cooker. Cool slightly; shred meat with 2 forks.
- Preheat broiler. Place halved rolls on a baking sheet. On each bottom half, place cheese piece. Broil buns 4-6 inches from heat until cheese is melted and rolls start to brown, 1-2 minutes. Remove from broiler. Using tongs, place meat mixture on roll bottoms. If desired, layer with tomato, baby arugula and horseradish sauce. Replace roll tops.
Test Kitchen tip