Slow-Cooked Peachy Spareribs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces. In a large skillet, brown ribs on all sides; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the peaches, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork and peaches to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and rice.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 518 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Jul 1, 2020
I just made these, and decided to try it with chicken thighs also. This recipe is a winner. The sauce is fantastic! Smooth, sweet and tangy, just the right blend. Very tasty. The peach slices held their shape. I put them on top, and added them last. I made dinners for the freezer with rice. This is going to be great any time of year with the canned peaches. Kudos!