Skillet Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onions until tender. Stir in the wine, butter, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 272 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Aug 11, 2020
We love this chicken recipe! Great dish for entertaining friends. We serve with fresh green beans and mashed potatoes.
Apr 5, 2019
This is excellent and great for company. Very easy to put together
Apr 23, 2017
I love this recipe. I actually only had White Zinfandel in stock for this so I used it. Tasted great. Had the liquor store been open ( Sunday ) I would have gotten white wine. The sauce was great and I used boneless chicken thighs instead also.
Dec 28, 2014
So delicious and tender. The sauce was great over mashed potatoes!
Nov 21, 2014
Tender chicken. Served over rice with green beans. Husband loved it!
Nov 12, 2014
I used an already baked seasoned chicken . I cubed it. Since I wanted to make this a one pot meal, I added a can of corn. Family liked it and I will be making it again. It's a great way to use up left-over chicken or (turkey).
Jun 21, 2014
Easy to make and tasty. To spice it up, I add some cayenne pepper. My son love mushrooms, so I use fresh and triple the amount.
Feb 21, 2013
No comment left
Nov 14, 2012
The kids loved it and so did the adults. It was delicious. I did bread the chicken and cut it up into bite size pieces.
Sep 7, 2012
This is a go to recipe. It has a wonderful flavor.