Skillet Chicken Fajitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- Mix first 5 ingredients and 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, saute chicken mixture until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes. Stir in salsa and pepper mixture; heat through. Serve in tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 621 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 999mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 17, 2019
Delicious and easy
Oct 21, 2019
Terrific recipe and easy to fix. Seasoning blend was spot on and very tasty without overpowering the dish. Everyone ate all and I will be making it again. Nice!
Mar 19, 2019
Made these for lunch and they were delicious! Just the right amount of seasoning The chicken was tender and tasty.My husband likes shrimp fajitas so I put some of the seasoning on the shrimp and put more seasoning on the vegetables then added the shrimp when it was almost done.
Mar 1, 2019
Delicious recipe with just the right amount of spice, especially for kids. I loved the addition of salsa to the recipe.
Apr 10, 2018
I always like how fast it is to throw together a fajita meal. The chicken was flavored nicely with seasonings. I used the smaller 6" tortillas which made them appear to be so full. Definitely a hit in our house!
Apr 8, 2018
This is one of my favorite chicken recipes. You can change the flavor by changing the flavors of the salsa. We've done with this a sweet mango salsa and it was amazing.
Dec 27, 2017
Salsa added to the chicken was a nice deviation from our standard fajita recipe.
Aug 8, 2006
No comment left