Skillet Barbecued Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in butter over medium-high heat. Remove chops.
- In the drippings, saute onion until golden brown. Add the water, brown sugar, barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Return chops to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Remove chops; keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 423 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1214mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
May 5, 2020
We love this recipe. I followed the recipe but pared it down for the two of us. It is not only quick and easy but delicious. We will have this again. I highly recommend it. Volunteer Field Editor
Jan 30, 2014
Excellent. Sauce might have been just a little too sweet for my taste, but just a little!
Mar 18, 2012
This recipe was so easy and delicious that I would make it again.
Aug 25, 2011
I just made this for supper and it was very tasty!! the only thing i did different was use teriyaki sauce in place of the worchestershire sauce. this recipe is a keeper.
May 28, 2011
I loved this recipe! It was quick and easy and very tasty. Everyone in my family liked it.
Jul 24, 2010
The pork chops had great flavor! The recipe was simple, fast, and delicious!
Jul 29, 2009
This is an excellent recipe. Oh my, it tastes soooooo good. I use the thicker chops, my husband loves them!