Joan Morris combines four ingredients to create a ginger mixture that's used as both a marinade and a sauce for these barbecued shrimp. "Serve them with toothpicks as an appetizer or stir the shrimp into pasta for an entree," suggests the Lillian, Alabama cook.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, chili sauce and ginger; mix well. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. Thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Serve with reserved marinade.