I found this recipe in a cookbook from my mother's hometown. Since everyone there is a good cook, I knew this would be terrific. One taste proved me right!—Pam Clemens, Wimbledon, North Dakota
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 14 large manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup spaghetti sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cool for 5 minutes. Set 1/2 cup aside. Add cheese to the remaining meat mixture.
- Stuff into manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine remaining spaghetti sauce and reserved meat mixture; pour over shells.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 415 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 800mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Sep 26, 2019
I really like the recipe and I usually have everything on hand. I scale down a bit with only one lb of hamburger and often make in jumbo shells rather than manicotti.
Jun 4, 2012
The recipe just seemed to need something extra.