Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked linguine, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute shrimp and garlic just until shrimp turn pink, 3-5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Add wine to skillet; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by half; pour over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. If desired, serve over linguine.
Nutrition Facts1 cup shrimp mixture: 321 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Aug 11, 2020
OH my gosh, We just had this for supper & WoW!! Just 2 of us so 1 pound of shrimp, however I made the whole sauce recipe & glad I did. Next time I will double the sauce, plate it in single serve dishes with linguine, then bake it. It was fantastic!! Thank you Jane.
Aug 4, 2020
Made this for my husband and myself with a few adjustments. Used 2 cloves of garlic, 1/2 cup white wine and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Added 1/3 cup whipping cream to reduced liquid. Added cooked pasta to the sauce then topped it with shrimp, cheese and parsley and baked them altogether. Next time will add artichoke hearts or fresh peas.
Jul 31, 2020
This dish was simple and delicious. I used broth and wine and doubled both. I seasoned the shrimp with salt, pepper and some Tony’s spice to give it a little more flavor. I had some mushrooms so I threw those in as well and probably used 5 cloves of garlic. I served it over linguine with a green salad. Perfect meal that filled us all up. My husband and son loved it so well that they definitely gave me a thumbs up and want me to fix it again soon.
Jul 29, 2020
Made this from Pinterest a few weeks ago. Added spinach to the shrimp. It was great
Jul 29, 2020
Very good. Should have double the broth and wine sauce. Hubby does not eat seafood so made with chicken as well. Will definitely make again, but make some modifications as others have suggested.
Jul 29, 2020
Very good! My husband couldn't get over how very good it was. Said to make sure I made it again. Next time I will not reduce the broth as much as half as I love the liquid to add to the pasta when serving. This is a keeper!
Apr 21, 2020
Very good and easy. I doubled broth and wine sauce. Baked it over fettuccine noodles. Added a layer of zucchini. I have made many times.
Oct 16, 2018
Quick and easy to prepare! Plus it was delicious leftover! I used the chicken broth and served mine over spaghetti. I also added more seasoning to the shrimp. I added some salt, pepper, and creole seasoning to give it more flavor.
Jun 26, 2018
the original is called Sampi alla Triestina, but at least someone who cares,(without the noodles) with some white bread and wine. Try it sometimes
Nov 4, 2017
I am gong to make this for company! Very yummy.