Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, torn
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Add soy sauce and pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry onions and celery in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Add spinach and mixed vegetables; stir-fry 4-6 minutes longer or until spinach is tender.
- Stir broth mixture and stir into shrimp mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 131 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Nov 22, 2019
Love this recipe! Made it previously with shrimp, tonight I made it with leftover steak, and beef bouillon instead of chicken, I also added fresh snow peas beans sprouts and mushrooms left out the frozen vegetables it is like the best chow mein
Oct 20, 2012
This is delicious, the sauce tastes just like the best chop suey.
Jul 24, 2008
I have been looking for Buttered Shrimp. Do you have that receipe?