Shrimp and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 1 log (4 ounces) herbed fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound whole baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- Combine the shrimp, goat cheese, onions, bread crumbs, ginger, pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mound shrimp mixture into mushroom caps and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Garnish with green onions if desired. Serve warm.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 26, 2015
These were pretty good. Nobody really raved about them at my party, but those who like mushrooms enjoyed them. I have never worked with goat cheese before and found the cheese log a little difficult to crumble. I ended up working the ingredients with my hand into a ball which was easy to work with. Overall it was fast and easy appetizer. Maybe a little chopped garlic would be good if I decide to make these again.