Seafood Pasta Delight
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- In a small bowl, mix the first seven ingredients until smooth. Cook vermicelli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops and shrimp; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque and shrimp turn pink. Remove from pan.
- Stir-fry peppers, snap peas, garlic and ginger in remaining olive oil 3-5 minutes or just until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Return seafood to pan; heat through. Stir in sesame oil. Drain vermicelli; add to pan and toss to combine.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 372 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 794mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 16, 2020
Prepared this using only scallops (1 1/2 lbs. ). Substituted Splenda for the sugar and used egg noodles. Delish!
Jan 10, 2012
This is a keeper. My Husband really likes this one.
Mar 18, 2011
No comment left
Nov 6, 2009
I was looking for a recipe for shrimp and scallops,so I tried this one..Am I ever glad that I did!!.It was fantastic..My son couldnt get enough.I di change it a little though..I didnt have any snow peas so I sub broccoli floweretts and slivered carrots.I ran out of chicken broth but had chicken granules,so used that and I used the wine also..It was great.. I will put this recipe in my keeper files..
Aug 30, 2009
No comment left