Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min.
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups water
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup each chopped celery, carrot, turnip and potato
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water, vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Add pasta; simmer for 15 minutes or until the pasta and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 153 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Jul 26, 2020
Scrabble - don't really love the game, but I sure love this soup! I am responsible for cooking for two of us plus my elderly parents, so I really like easy recipes that everybody loves and that give us good leftovers for lunch. This is perfect. It is a one dish meal with mostly pantry ingredients and of course the vegetables can be changed as needed. I use ground turkey and chicken broth, with some soy sauce (for extra umami). I also use ditalini instead of alphabet pasta, because it is by far our favorite soup pasta. This went into our regular winter recipe rotation after one taste.
May 6, 2013
No comment left