Scallops with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
A half-hour is all you need for this delightful stir-fry from Jennifer Warzynak. The Erie, Pennsylvania cook combines scallops with broccoli, pasta and sun-dried tomatoes for the main course, and a hint of lime juice makes it a natural addition to summer menus. "It's a great, healthy way to fix scallops," she promises.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sun-dried tomatoes and hot water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Place broccoli and broth in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add scallops; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice, basil, salt, and reserved tomatoes and broccoli mixture; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Drain the pasta; stir into scallop mixture and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 367 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 585mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.