Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hour
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the potatoes and onion; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Combine the soup and sour cream; pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides. Place chops on top of casserole. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until chops are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Sep 4, 2019
New favorite in my family!w
Aug 15, 2017
This is a great dinner idea. I am baking it now for the second time. We love it. I added more sour cream this time
May 6, 2017
This is one of my son's favorite ways to have pork chops!!
Mar 28, 2017
Whenever I make this recipe, I add a few teaspoons of onion soup mix to the sour cream and mushroom soup and use sliced onions instead of chopped. Very delicious!!
Mar 12, 2017
Delicious and very easy to make. Makes a great potluck dish or one to prepare for someone in need!
Jul 5, 2015
Simple and good. Cut in half for the two of us - probably could be in oven shorter time when halved. Served with lettuce/shredded cheese and Western dressing and garlic bread. Will try with chicken breast, too. Use other half soup and sour cream next day for a tuna/noodle casserole.
Feb 3, 2015
Delicious, one pan, easy, and very filling....just perfect for my family. Will make this recipe a part of our regular menu.
Nov 24, 2014
My family enjoyed. An easy dish to make. Definitely a comfort meal.Field Editor
Feb 5, 2014
This is very good. I love scalloped potatoes. This recipe is much easier and faster than making a bechamel sauce from scratch. The onions and sour cream are very good.
May 11, 2013
No comment left