This warm cranberry casserole is a nice substitute for traditional cranberry relish. It's been a staple on my holiday table ever since my aunt gave me the recipe many years ago.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4-1/2 cups cubed bread (about 5 slices)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until berries pop. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 388 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 26, 2010
We don't usually like the usual cranberry relish and I had some fresh cranberries to try something with. What a wonderful surprise! This turned out excellent and I will make this each year from now on!