Savory Pork Stew
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- Place pork in a Dutch oven that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat until browned. Add onion, seasonings, water and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
Dec 15, 2013
Excellent stew!! Great mixture of ingredients leads to a great taste!!
Jan 8, 2010
This was delicious and voted a new family favourite! You'll be cleaning your bowl with bread to get every last bit of the yummy sauce.To read my full review and see a picture of the completed dish go to http://muminbloom.blogspot.com/2010/01/recipe-savory-pork-stew.html