Savory Cucumber Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 36 slices snack rye bread
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- Snipped fresh dill, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, spread over each slice of rye bread; top each with a cucumber slice. If desired, sprinkle with dill.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 62 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jan 3, 2019
I made these sandwiches for a "High Tea" event at our church recently and they were a hit. Now I make the cream cheese/mayonnaise spread as a veggie dip. Very tasty!
Dec 31, 2012
If you have not tried this I have a few words for you: THIS IS SO GOOD! TRY IT!!!
May 21, 2011
I make these cucumber sandwiches, but I used dry Ranch instead of Italian dressing. I've also baked Pillsbury French Load Bread, and used it instead of rye. If you have a baking tube, you can make uniform slices.
Dec 23, 2009
I've made these finger sandwiches for years having recieved the recipe from a member of my church. They have always been one of the first platters to be emptied at all functions. One of everyone's all time favorites!!! I sprinkle them with a little dried or fresh dill for extra eye appeal.