Savory Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 10 sandwich rolls, split
- Combine seasonings; rub over roast. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Shred with a fork. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 404 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
May 28, 2019
No comment left
Nov 14, 2017
Savory. Family enjoyed it
Oct 4, 2017
Loved how quick it was to throw together, but I think there were too many different spices. The flavor was a little strong for me. Meat was very tender though.
Sep 16, 2014
Made this for the first time this past Sunday. Loved,loved it! My son licks his plate and my husband has requested to make this once per month! Very easy to make.
Jun 2, 2014
Made exactly as written. Seemed like an odd combination of spices, but it works!
Jan 26, 2014
I really liked these sandwiches. Eating the meat by itself it was a little too salty, so next time I will probably decrease the salt by about half. I cooked a 1 1/2 pound roast (not halved) in a 4 qt. slow cooker and it was done after about 3 1/2 hours.
Oct 22, 2013
My family loves this and it is so easy!
May 29, 2012
This is excellent!! My husband would eat the whole thing, if he could...I've found that using a 4 to 5 lb. roast works well, too...
Oct 23, 2011
No comment left
Jul 19, 2011
A real winner. My husband couldn't get enough. I used all the seasonings. A+