Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 6 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 6 cups chopped cauliflower
- 4 celery ribs with leaves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each ) chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, combine the first 14 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove soup from heat; cool slightly. Process in batches in a blender until smooth. Return to pan; stir in cream. Heat through. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Apr 21, 2018
This is good soup. Quite a lot of work to make but you get a big batch. I froze it in smaller containers and then added milk later when I took it out of the freezer. I did not put the hot sauce in and we still found it plenty spicy enough. I also just used ordinary black pepper instead of lemon pepper. I have made this a few times in the fall when we have fresh local vegetables and then used it through the winter. A good time saver once you get it made.