Sausage-Sweet Potato Hash & Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage and sweet potatoes over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles.
- Add apples, cranberries, pecans and salt; cook and stir 4-6 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Remove from pan; sprinkle with green onions. Keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean and coat with cooking spray; place skillet over medium-high heat. Break 1 egg at a time into pan. Reduce heat to low. Cook to desired doneness, turning after whites are set, if desired. Serve with hash.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 338 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 207mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 6g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 fruit.
May 16, 2020
This is GOOD! I was initially suspicious because there are no herbs or spices (except for ubiquitous salt). But it doesn't need spices. My turkey sausage did not come with a casing that could be removed, but it worked out anyway.