Sausage Quiche Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 10 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with cheeses, onion, chiles and jalapeno if desired. In a bowl, beat eggs and seasonings. Pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 18-22 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes; cut into 1-in. squares.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 80 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 21, 2019
This has become a tradition for Christmas morning.
Dec 20, 2017
These are delicious and so easy to make. My husband loved it!
Aug 3, 2017
I like to have breakfast block parties and have egg casserole this was ideal easy to fix Thanks for sharing I made copies of recipe all were taken I will make this often~~Raz
Aug 2, 2017
No comment left
Dec 28, 2016
Easy to make and everyone loved it at work. I did bake it 10 minutes longer than stated for completely done center. Would definitely make again!
Feb 23, 2015
Love this! I use spicy sausage and no salt as the other ingredients have plenty already. I have made these a few times. Always a hit!The spices clump together when mixed with the eggs, so next time I'll mix the spices separately and sprinkle over the casserole before pouring on the eggs.
Jan 30, 2015
This is a hit with young and old. I have made this for family, friends and caterings. It is great for a party appetizer or a brunch buffet.
Aug 5, 2013
No comment left
Mar 3, 2012
I made this two more times with two different kinds of sausage, and I actually like it best with the ham I used originally.
Jan 22, 2012
This was excellent. I substituted ham for the sausage(using up leftovers!) and cut it into dinner serving-sized pieces. I imagine it would be just as good as an appetizer.