Sausage Potatoes Au Gratin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion in oil until lightly browned; drain. Stir in the carrots, potatoes with contents of sauce mix, water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in broccoli; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 687 calories, 43g fat (19g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 2223mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 27g protein.
Sep 27, 2013
I made this for the first time last night and it went over really well! I substituted the carrots and broccoli for mixed veggies, and had to increase the water a little as the potatoes cooked, but overall it was super easy to make!
Sep 18, 2012
We've been making this for years. Excellent for a crockpot for carryins.
Dec 15, 2007
No comment left