Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
- Additional minced chives, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Arrange half the potatoes in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with salt, pepper and half the sausage. Layer with remaining potatoes and sausage; sprinkle with pimientos.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, chives and thyme; pour over pimientos.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with additional chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Oct 18, 2012
No comment left
Dec 23, 2011
This is a great tasting recipe. I have made this many times and I love it. I use jimmy dean "sage" sausage and thats the kicker, with added cheese its even better, but not healthier and its so easy to make!
Dec 12, 2011
I agree with the previous review. This was just ok. We didn't starve. If I was going to make this again I would make several changes. The thyme was over powering. Needs layers of cheese and more salt on potatoes.
Dec 12, 2011
This was just 'okay.' I won't be keeping the recipe for my files. I am glad I did not fix it for company. I did add some shredded cheese to the top right before I took it out of the oven.