Sausage-Peach Puff Pancake
"My husband - who is not a big sweets eater - often requests this hearty dish. Peaches add a touch of fruity flavor to the savory sausage," writes Nicole Clayton from Las Vegas, Nevada. "It's a nice combination."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 to 10 pork sausage links, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1/3 cup pancake syrup
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Preheat a 10-in. cast-iron skillet in a 425° oven. Meanwhile, in a large blender, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Add butter to hot skillet; return to oven until butter bubbles. Pour batter into skillet. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until pancake puffs and edges are browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the peaches, syrup and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until sausage and peaches are coated with syrup. Spoon into pancake. Serve immediately.
Jun 8, 2011
Very good and easy. Made it with fresh peaches and crumbled Bob Evans because that is what I had. Pancake was very light and tasted great.
Feb 10, 2006
No comment left