Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole
Here’s a busy-day breakfast dish that’s fast, flavorful and fun-to-make. Added bonus? It uses up more of those hard-cooked eggs you may have left over from the holiday. A favorite of Erika Anderson in Wausau, Wisconsin, she adds: “Breakfast dishes go over well at our house. This one’s so easy and filling, we sometimes have it for dinner, too.“
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter, flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in hash browns and eggs. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Toss cornflakes and remaining butter; sprinkle over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with onions.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 534 calories, 36g fat (16g saturated fat), 355mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Aug 24, 2020
This recipe is amazing! One of my all time favorite breakfast bakes. Highly recommend!
Dec 18, 2017
This was really good. I served it with homemade biscuits and fresh pineapple for breakfast-for-dinner.
Jun 27, 2013
No comment left
Jan 15, 2012
No comment left