Sausage Crescent Rolls
I love the appetizer pigs in a blanket and thought I could turn it into an amazing breakfast dish. Boy, was I right. These are now on the menu for every family gathering. —Jimmie Harvey, Bedias, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 36 frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat just until browned, turning frequently. Cool slightly; refrigerate.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar, butter, eggs, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 6 portions. Roll each portion into a 10-in. circle; cut each circle into 6 wedges. Place a sausage at wide end of each wedge; roll up from wide ends. Place point sides down, 2 in. apart, on greased baking sheets. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat egg white and water; brush over rolls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until lightly browned, 12-14 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 165 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 218mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.