Sausage Cheese Olive Loaves
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 3 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 pound bulk mild pork sausage
- 1 pound bulk sage pork sausage
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Thaw bread dough on a greased baking sheet according to package directions; let rise until nearly doubled.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork sausages until no longer pink; drain. Place in a large bowl. Add kielbasa, cheeses and olives; set aside.
- Roll each loaf into a 17x9-in. rectangle. Spread a third of the sausage mixture on each rectangle to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seams; place seam side down on greased baking sheets. Form each into a circle; pinch ends together to seal.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter while warm. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 263 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 716mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 21, 2013
I make this all the time. Got the recipe from freezer pleasers recipe book, so I have enough to freeze after. Freezes really well. I change the recipe up a bit and add green pepper, black olives, onion and pepperoni.
Dec 22, 2012
No comment left
Oct 28, 2009
My family just loves this recipe. I have made it several times and it is one of their favorites. One hint-get some in the freezer before the family realizes that they are cooked.
Feb 3, 2008
No comment left