Sausage Breakfast Hash
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 package (7 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; stir in the potatoes, sausage, green and red peppers, salt and cayenne. Cover and cook until potatoes and vegetables are tender, 12-14 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese.
- In a large skillet, fry eggs in remaining butter as desired. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve eggs with hash and, if desired, pepper sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup potato mixture with 2 eggs: 621 calories, 45g fat (20g saturated fat), 501mg cholesterol, 1251mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
May 27, 2020
This was better than expected! I didn't add in the peppers, because my daughter and I don't really care for them. Also did as pajamaangel suggested and put the eggs in the indents. Worked well and one less pan to clean!
Feb 27, 2014
I cannot honestly rate this the way it is because I switched things up a little bit. I did make the hash browns and sausage with the peppers, but I made indentations in the hash and broke the eggs into them and covered the dish to cook the eggs to over medium. I also sprinkled the whole thing with cheese. This is a great recipe like that!
Apr 20, 2013
No comment left
Apr 19, 2013
No comment left
Apr 18, 2013
Great recipe for a group or even a small family....... yummy