Sausage Artichoke Pizza
Turkey sausage, tomatoes and a host of tasty toppings crown JoAnn Brass' deep-dish-pleaser. "My husband and I re-created the Chicago-style pizza we'd always enjoyed in restaurants," she notes from Glendale, Arizona.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 Italian turkey sausage link (4 ounces), casing removed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Press dough into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine tomatoes and Italian seasoning; spread over crust. Sprinkle with sausage, artichokes, olives and cheese. Bake for 14-18 minutes or until crust is golden and cheeses are melted.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.