Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (32 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salt and pepper. Spoon half of beef mixture into a 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with half of sauerkraut and noodles. Repeat layers. Combine soups and milk; pour over noodles.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 367 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 2107mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 21, 2020
The amount of egg noodles in the recipe has to be off! Most noodle casseroles that fit a 9x13 casserole dish use a whole 12 ounce bag of medium egg noodles. It is also very strange to serve sauerkraut with cheese.
Apr 20, 2015
I liked the taste of this, but there just wasn't a whole lot to it. I did cut this recipe in half, and used an 8 inch square dish, and it barely filled it half full.
Oct 12, 2012
No comment left