Saucy Skillet Fish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds halibut, haddock or salmon fillets or steaks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add fish and toss to coat (if using fillets, cut into serving-size pieces first).
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; remove and set aside. Add fish to the skillet, cook over medium heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 3-5 minutes on each side. Remove fish to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Add the sour cream, basil and onion to the skillet; heat through (do not boil). Serve with fish. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 319 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Mar 5, 2020
Haven't tried it yet but looks delicious! To answer ss2berkley you may sub Greek yogurt for sour cream
Nov 13, 2018
No comment left
Aug 6, 2015
Question; Can you substitute any portion of sour cream with Greek yogurt?
Jan 31, 2015
This was delicious, will definitely make it again.
Aug 25, 2014
I just love this recipe! I make it quite a bit. It's very quick and easy and tastes so good. I use tilapia.
Apr 7, 2013
T have made this recipe quite a few times over the years and it is always a big hit. It's the recipe my husband always requests for special dinners. I have only used Halibut.
Mar 24, 2013
No comment left
Mar 29, 2012
I've made this a few times & it's wonderful.
Mar 6, 2012
This was absolutely delicious.
Feb 10, 2012
We liked this, but the sauce had a little too much onion flavor. I might make this again, but I would try a different fish. I used salmon.