Saucy Beef with Broccoli
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional beef broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 2 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Mix the first 7 ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 1-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil until crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes. Add green onions; cook just until tender, 1-2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 2-3 minutes. Add beef and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 313 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 816mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 11, 2020
Great recipe! The only thing I will change in the future will be to boost the garlic to 5 cloves and the ginger to 1 tsp of ground ginger. Thank you for such an easy and delicious meal!
Oct 1, 2019
This is a very delicious recipe and the sauce tastes much better than other beef and broccoli recipes I've made. I'm a big mushroom fan, so I added cubed mushrooms at the same time I added the onion, and it came out great. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Sep 12, 2019
Followed the recipe exactly. It was delicious but next time I would add a little more ginger. We did not taste much. My husband loved it though.
Sep 5, 2019
This recipe with a few adjustments was wonderful. I read the other reviews
Mar 11, 2018
This was good but the sauce packet of beef and broccoli in the store is better without being salty. Also, I’ve always made beef and broccoli with a whole onion. That would have gave this rather bland recipe some extra flavor.
Apr 28, 2017
Easy fast recipe. Great for week night dinner!
Dec 15, 2016
No comment left
Dec 2, 2016
Great flavor, cooking time was perfect. Will definitely make again. .. thanks
Apr 8, 2016
LOVE fresh ginger! The ginger really adds flavor to this dish. It was very simple and great for busy weeknights. We served it over some cauliflower rice for a complete, healthy meal!
Mar 16, 2016
Wonderful!! I had to adjust the amount of sugar to 1 tsp. I did not have any sherry, so I used balsamic vinegar. You can adjust any of the ingredients to suit yourself. My husband and I served it over white, steamed rice. We loved it.