Santa Fe Corn on the Cob
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + soaking Grill: 25 min.
- 6 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Soak corn in cold water for 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe dish, combine butter and garlic. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until garlic is softened, stirring once. Stir in the steak sauce, chili powder and cumin; set aside.
- Carefully peel back husks from corn to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Brush corn with sauce. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 107 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Nov 14, 2019
Corn with a kick! I served this with BBQ ribeye, and it was delicious! One addition though, the recipe needs a sprinkle of salt before rewraping the husk for the grill. Even though the steak sauce has salt, it's not enough. Would definitely make this again.
May 23, 2009
No comment left