Salty Dog Sangria
Mix up grapefruit vodka, ginger ale, grapefruit juice, a little wine and simple syrup and what do you get? A perfectly refreshing and beautiful sipper fit for any holiday or special gathering. —Becky Hardin, St. Peters, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 bottles (750 ml each) rose wine
- 2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) ginger ale
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit-flavored vodka
- Grapefruit slices
- Coarse sea salt and grated grapefruit zest
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Cool completely. Transfer to a large pitcher. Stir in the wine, juice, ginger ale, vodka and grapefruit slices. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Using water, moisten the rims of 16 wine glasses. Mix salt and grapefruit zest on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rim into salt mixture. Set aside. Discard remaining salt mixture on plate. Serve sangria in prepared glasses over ice.
Test Kitchen tips