Salted Caramel Cookie Cups
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake:10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 36 caramels
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 36 pecan halves, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine cookie mix and flour. Beat in butter and egg until blended. Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; press onto bottom and up sides of greased mini-muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, chocolate chips and confectioners' sugar. Place a rounded teaspoon of filling in each cup. Press one caramel into the filling in each cup. Bake until edges are golden brown and caramel is melted, 9-11 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt; top with a pecan half. Cool completely in pan on wire racks.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 4, 2018
Can you just put a rollo candy in the middle, and add the pecan at the end?
Apr 12, 2018
I found this recipe to be delicious and very easy to make. My husband loved these cookie cups. In reply to yramnotseh - I can see how you ran into a problem. The recipe actually calls for a boxed cookie mix, NOT a tube of cookie dough. If you have a chance to try the recipe again using the dry cookie mix, I think you will really like it. Hope this helps. Marianne
Dec 9, 2017
First of all, mixing the flour, butter and egg with the cookie dough made for a very wet dough that I could not form into balls. I ended up in using another new tube of cookie dough without adding anything to the dough, formed balls into the mini cupcake pan, but there was not enough filling to fill all the cups. I had enough filling to fill 20 cups. I believe this recipe needs to be reviewed again. I was very disappointed.
Dec 12, 2016
These are a new favourite cookie for my cookie trays. They are easy to make, and look great. I have froze them and they are just as good after freezing. Great recipe Priscilla!
Jul 31, 2016
These look good but I have a few questions: Can they be made the day before needed and stored in the refrigerator. How well do they freeze?? The one star is because I'm asking questions.