Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: Avocado slices, thinly sliced green onions or fresh cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, sour cream and 3/4 cup salsa. Spread 1/4 cup salsa on the bottom of a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Layer with half of the tortillas and chicken mixture; sprinkle with half the tomatoes, minced cilantro and half of the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° until bubbly, 20-25 minutes. Serve with remaining salsa and, if desired, optional toppings.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 400 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 637mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Aug 19, 2020
Excellent flavor! I used flour tortillas instead of the corn and topped with black olives and green onions.
Aug 4, 2020
No comment left
Aug 3, 2020
We thought this was delicious! I loved the salsa Verde for a change. Mine tasted flavorful. ????
Jul 31, 2020
Very tasty and easy to make!!
Jul 16, 2020
I made this recipe exactly as stated. Looked very nice but I thought it was incredibly bland, not much flavor. Even adding some salt didn't improve it. While it wasn't terrible as stated in another review, I would not make it again.
Jul 11, 2020
No comment left
May 19, 2020
This recipe might have been tastier if I'd been able to get the called-for rotisserie chicken and fresh tomatoes rather than boxed chopped tomatoes, but the pandemic quarantine made that impossible. As it was, it was okay with canned chicken, boxed tomatoes, and the rest of the ingredients as listed. I ate 1/3 of it fresh out of the oven; the rest I divided in two and stashed in the freezer for another day.
May 15, 2020
One of our favorites. Delicious with avocado, tomatoes, sweet onions and black olives as garnish.
Mar 30, 2020
Really easy to make! Tasted great I used flour tortillas Will definitely make it again!!
Mar 27, 2020
This was delicious and a real hit with my husband, who loves Mexican food. I used a can of Rotel for the salsa as well as salsa Verde. I cooked chicken thighs for the chicken rather than rotisserie chicken. No other changes. I will definitely make this again.