Salsa Corn Cakes
This recipe is super with fresh or canned corn. I whip up these patties to serve alongside nachos or tacos on hot summer evenings. The salsa is subtle but adds flavor. —Lisa Boettcher, Rosebush, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa, drained
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Sour cream and additional salsa
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth; add the eggs and mix well. Beat in the milk until smooth. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; stir into cream cheese mixture just until moistened. Fold in the corn, salsa and onions.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls into a large greased cast-iron skillet or hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 324 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 715mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Oct 28, 2014
I've made a lot of corn cakes in my life time but these are the first that I really enjoyed a lot. They are light and creamy. I would make a double batch as they go fast!
Mar 23, 2013
Quick, Easy and mouth watering goodness. You will crave these!