A golden brown crumb topping is the finishing touch on this rich noodle casserole that takes advantage of canned salmon from the pantry. "It's so good that I'm always asked for the recipe," comments Joan Sherlock from Belle Plaine, Minnesota.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1-1/2 cups Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, salmon, mushrooms and pimientos. In another large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt; add to noodle mixture. Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 651 calories, 43g fat (18g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1413mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Feb 5, 2014
We hardly make dishes using canned salmon, but this one caught my eye. I have Type I diaetes, so must watch my carb intake. This sounds delicious.
Jul 27, 2009
No comment left