Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Guacamole or salsa
- In a skillet, saute garlic in oil until fragrant. Stir in the salmon, basil and pepper; heat through.
- Meanwhile, spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas on a griddle, buttered side down. Sprinkle one half of each tortilla with 1/4 cup cheese and a fourth of the salmon; top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold other half over filling.
- Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each into wedges; serve with guacamole or salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 664 calories, 39g fat (19g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 1264mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 48g protein.
Feb 19, 2017
I've been making these since I first saw the recipe. I like to serve a platter ,with Potato Veggie soup and a green salad.....a nice change from grilled cheese sandwiches.
Feb 16, 2016
Yum! This recipe was very good. I'm not a huge fan of canned salmon, so I took a few minutes to saute up some fresh salmon fillets and then flaked them with a fork. My whole family (including kids) LOVED it! Also quick and easy.
Dec 27, 2013
I was a bit skeptical, but I decided to give this a shot. My husband and I LOVED IT, quick, tasty, and satisfying.
Nov 28, 2012
the best quesadilla recipe I have ever eatin! I have been making these for years from a magazine of yours. love these sooooo much.
Nov 21, 2012
No comment left
Aug 21, 2012
came out great!
Nov 30, 2011
No comment left
May 9, 2011
Really yummy!!! I have used both the canned salmon & leftover smoked salmon. It's great either way! I also used whole wheat tortillas.
Apr 2, 2011
Delicious way to use canned salmon!
Mar 9, 2011
I was excited about this recipe until I saw the nutritional information. It's too high in calories and sodium. On the plus side, it is also high in protein.