Salad in a Bread Bowl
When I made salads in the past, I always served fresh-from-the-oven bread. Not this fun recipe combines these two great foods into one!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 8 cups torn lettuce
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup quartered thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Italian salad dressing or dressing of your choice
- Divide bread dough into four equal portions; pat each into an 8-in. circle. Coat the outside of four 5-in. x 2-in. round ovenproof bowls with cooking spray. Place upside down on a baking sheet. Shape dough circles around bowls. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine lettuce, tomatoes, cauliflower, cucumber, celery and carrots; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Place 2-1/2 cups of lettuce mixture into each bread bowl. Top with 1/4 cup beef mixture. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 545 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 8g fiber), 35g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.