Rocky Road Freeze
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makesabout 1-1/2 quarts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and chocolate syrup; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate mixture, marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof container; cover and freeze for 5 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 360 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 9, 2014
I've been making this for years but I freeze it in a spring form pan with the bottom and sides lined with purchased lady fingers. It can then be sliced and served as a frozen pie. Take it out of the freezer 15 minutes before serving to make slicing easier.
May 14, 2012
Just tried this recipe for the first time after wanting to try it for ages. It is delicious and I was especially impressed with how the marshmallows stayed nice and soft. It did take a little bit longer than 5 hours for the ice cream became firm, but it was worth the wait! I will be making this again and trying the variations suggested. I did use pecans rather than peanuts and toasted them first. Yummy!
Jan 8, 2011
I made this last summer and now everyone wants it for their birthday! It is very easy and tastes very creamy and soo good!
Dec 2, 2010
No comment left
Sep 2, 2009
This is really good - makes a soft ice cream. Folks at work continually request that I make this again.
Jul 12, 2007
No comment left