Rock ‘n’ River Breakfast Quiche
When the weather's fine, be sure to opt for breakfast (served for inn guests only) on the outdoor patio overlooking the trout ponds. A hot 'n' hearty entree like this tasty quiche will leave you fortified for fishing!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash nutmeg
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Layer sausage then cheeses in unbaked pastry shell. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over sausage and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting and serving.